Last revision: August 16, 2021
We reserve the right at any time:
- change the Website, including removing or discontinuing (part of) the content or any functionality of the Website; or
- change all rates and charges for using this Website, without affecting your statutory rights as a consumer.
1. Code of Conduct In connection with your use of the Website, you undertake (collectively, the “ Codes of Conduct ”):
- hinder or prevent other visitors or members from using the Website, including, without limitation, by “hacking” or otherwise tampering with any portion of the Website;
- not use the Website or Materials (as defined below) for any unlawful purpose;
- not claim or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us, except with our prior written consent;
- (a) transmit any content or information that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of us or any third party; (b) not transmit material, non-public information about companies without being authorized to do so; (c) not transmit any third-party trade secrets; or (d) not send any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communications (except as expressly permitted by us);
- refrain from spamming and flooding;
- transmit any software or other material that contains viruses, worms, Trojan Horses, flaws, date bombs, time bombs or other material that is destructive or harmful in nature;
- modify, adapt, sublicense, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any part of the Website, except as and to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from the Website;
- not to “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Website without prior written authorization;
- not link to any pages of or content on the Website;
- not to use robots, spiders, offline readers, website search/retrieval applications or other manual or automatic means or methods to retrieve, index, “data” or in any way use the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or its contents. reproduce or circumvent in any way. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Carter grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the website solely to make publicly available indexes of the Materials, but not to create caches or archives of such Materials. Carter reserves the right to withdraw these exceptions, in general or in specific cases;
- not collect any information about Website visitors or members without their express and unambiguous consent;
- not to do anything that unreasonably or excessively burdens our infrastructure; or
- not to request more than 1000 pages of the Website within 24 hours, be it alone or in collaboration with a group of people.
By using the Website, you agree to comply with all applicable laws, regulations and regulations.
The Website, including all software, databases, proprietary information and Materials (and intellectual property rights and other rights related thereto) including, but not limited to, the choice, order and “look and feel” and arrangement of matters, is owned by and is operated by Carter in conjunction with others under contractual arrangements, and shall remain the property of Carter and its licensors and suppliers. The Website is protected under U.K. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable. You further acknowledge that you do not acquire any title or license by using the Website or the Materials.
The brands, logos and service marks displayed on the Website (collectively, the “ Marks“) are the registered and unregistered marks of Carter or its affiliates, licensors or suppliers, and others. The marks owned by Carter or its affiliates, whether registered or not, may not be used in connection with any product or service not offered by Carter in a manner likely to confuse customers, or in a manner that would cause Carter discredits. Nothing on the Website should be construed as granting, implied or not, any license or right to use any Mark without the express written consent of Carter, Carter’s licensors or suppliers, or the third party owner of such Mark. Misuse of Marks is prohibited, and Carter will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights in such Marks,
3. Information Provided by Carter. While Carter strives to provide Materials that are both useful and accurate, the nature of the data and other information on the Website is subject to change from time to time. In addition, the facts and circumstances are different in each situation. That is, while Carter will endeavour to use reasonable care in compiling the Materials, the Materials may not be up-to-date, correct or complete.
Also, parts of the Materials on the Website originate from third parties. Inclusion of such information does not constitute an endorsement or endorsement of it, and Carter expressly disclaims any liability in connection with the foregoing.
5. Copyright Infringement Claims. The UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (the “CDPA”) provides rights of action for copyright holders who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.K. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials presented by Carter infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Carter on one of our forums), you (or your agent) may send us a request to remove the material or make it inaccessible. The request must contain the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the holder of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work allegedly infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works on the Website are contained in a single notice, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that would be infringing or that is the subject of the infringing activity, and information that Carter may reasonably require to locate the material on the Website; (d) name, address, telephone number and email address (if any) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notice is accurate and that the complaining party is authorized to act for the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. Also, if you believe in good faith that Carter has wrongly brought a lawsuit against you for copyright infringement, you can challenge that charge under U.K. law.
Notices regarding the Website should be addressed to CARTER ENTERTAINMENT GROUP LTD Attn Customer Service, 115 Chester Road, Sunderland, SR4 7HG, or by email to email@example.com. We recommend that you obtain legal advice before making a complaint as referred to above.
6. Access by Minors. Carter cannot prohibit minors from accessing this website. Carter must rely on parents, guardians, and others who supervise children under 18 to determine which materials are appropriate for minors to view and/or purchase. Please note that parental control methods (such as computer hardware, software, and filters) are available for purchase that can help you limit access to material that is harmful to minors. Carter does not endorse these products and services.
7. Access from outside the United Kingdom. The Website is exclusively aimed at persons residing in the United Kingdom. We make no claim that Materials available on or through this Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access this Website from other locations do so at their own initiative and risk, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws apply.
We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Website and/or the making available of any service, program, film or other products described therein to any person, within any geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time in our sole discretion. , as well as the amount of such services, programs, movies and other products offered by us.
9. Closing the Website. We reserve the right to close this Website and any part thereof with immediate effect, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause and without notice.
10. Disclaimers. THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CARTER AND ITS PARTNERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEB SITE, ALL PRODUCTS, AND RELEASE MATERIALS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, CORRECTNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AS WELL AS ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM ANY CONTRACTS OR TRADE BETWEEN THE PARTIES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; IN THAT EVENT, THE EXCEPTIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CARTER AND ITS PARTNERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR FREE OR SECURE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE WEBSITE(S) AND THE WEBSITE ARE BE FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ANY TELEPHONE, COMPUTER HARDWARE AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NECESSARY TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE, AND ALL FEES ASSOCIATED WITH THEM. YOU ASSUME THE RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND YOUR RELIANCE ON IT. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF CARTER OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS RAISED ON THIS WEBSITE OR ELSEWHERE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. CARTER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR ASSISTANCE, OR ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR BY HYPERLINKS OR THAT ARE USED BY BANNERS OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CARTER IS NOT A PARTY OF ANY HOLDING MONITORING TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS ALWAYS WHEN YOU PURCHASE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD ACT AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE NECESSARY. SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS MADE ON THIS WEB SITE OR ELSEWHERE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES. CARTER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR ASSISTANCE, OR ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR BY HYPERLINKS OR THAT ARE USED BY BANNERS OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CARTER IS NOT A PARTY OF ANY HOLDING MONITORING TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS ALWAYS WHEN YOU PURCHASE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD ACT AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE NECESSARY. SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS MADE ON THIS WEB SITE OR ELSEWHERE MAKE ANY WARRANTIES. CARTER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR ASSISTANCE, OR ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR BY HYPERLINKS OR THAT ARE USED BY BANNERS OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CARTER IS NOT A PARTY OF ANY HOLDING MONITORING TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS ALWAYS WHEN YOU PURCHASE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD ACT AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE NECESSARY. AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH HYPERLINKS, OR INDICATED BY BANNERS OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CARTER IS NOT A PARTY OF OR MONITORS YOU OR TRANSACTIONS IN ANY WAY -PRODUCERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS ALWAYS WHEN YOU PURCHASE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD ACT AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE NECESSARY. AND ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY ANY THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR THROUGH HYPERLINKS, OR INDICATED BY BANNERS OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND CARTER IS NOT A PARTY OF OR MONITORS YOU OR TRANSACTIONS IN ANY WAY -PRODUCERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS ALWAYS WHEN YOU PURCHASE ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD ACT AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE NECESSARY. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND ANY MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
11. Limitation of Liability. NEITHER CARTER NOR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS OR SPONSORS NOR OUR OR THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, REPRESENTATIVES OR RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOST PROFITS) RESULTING FROM ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, RISK LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB SITE AND/OR ANY LINKED WEB SITE AND/OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE PRODUCT OR SERVICE PURCHASED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TIME BOMBS OR OTHER MATERIALS OF A DESTRUCTIVE NATURE SENT TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY A THIRD PARTY AND/OR (VI) ERRORS, ERRORS, INACCURACIES OR OMISSIONS IN ANY MATERIALS, OR FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE USE OF MATERIALS POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED OR OTHERWISE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IN THE EVENT OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE IS TO DISCONTINUE USING THE WEBSITE, THE MATERIALS, OR LINKED WEBSITE, AS APPLICABLE. CARTER’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY DAMAGES AND LOSSES AND RIGHTS OF CLAIM SUFFERED BY YOU, RESULTING FROM ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, TO ACCESS THE WEBSITE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. The above limitations or exclusions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.